It has been a minute since our last Member Spotlight but we are excited to have Matt Bouffard as our February Member Spotlight. We love Matt because he is always smiling, works hard and takes time to talk with everyone at the gym. Check out what Matt has to say:
1. Name – Matt Bouffard
2. Occupation – Electrician
3. Length of time doing CrossFit – 2+ years
4. Greatest CrossFit moment – Either making my first bar muscle-up, or first 200lb clean.
5. Favourite cheat meal? – I try to eat the best I can, but don’t follow any plan. I am a sucker for movie popcorn, and peanut buster parfaits.
6. What was your first CrossFit WOD and how did you feel after – Nicole brought me for my first workout ever. I think we did 400m run, box jumps, and maybe push-ups. I felt good afterwards and was instantly hooked.
7. Tell us your secret talent – I enjoy playing guitar.
8. Who motivates you most – I am probably my own biggest motivator. I am constantly wanting to improve what I can do and seeing progress keeps me coming back.
9. If you could remove any movement from CrossFit what would it be – Probably running.
10. If you could make up any WOD and name it, what would it be? For Time: Start with 95lb barbell, do 3 power cleans followed by 3 bar muscle-ups. Keep increasing the weight on the bar by 10 lbs every round and repeat. Go until you miss a clean, then reduce the weight on the bar by ten pounds every round, until your back to your starting weight. I’ll call this workout “Clean Up”.
11. What is your favourite movement or WOD – Right now it is probably Hand stand walks. Feels good anytime I can kick up and actually get moving.
12. What did you do before CrossFit – I played golf here and there and that’s about it.
13. How has CrossFit changed your life – Crossfit has given me a new passion. Its provided me with a an outlet for stress. And it has given me far better health. I have also met a lot of great people through the gym and really enjoy the social aspect it provides.
14. Tell us your favourite quote: “The most reliable way to predict the future is to create it”
15. Tell us one thing you bring as an athlete to CrossFit Apostle – Positive energy.