Our member spotlight this month is Erin Douglas. Erin is one of our quieter members but she is always smiling and has an unmatched work ethic. Get to know Erin better and check out what she has to say!
1. Name – Erin Douglas
2. Occupation – Pharmacy tech
3. Length of time doing CrossFit – 1 year and a bit
4. Greatest CrossFit moment – getting over my fear of overhead squats. I’m actually starting to like them
5. Favourite cheat meal? – charcuterie board
6. What was your first CrossFit WOD and how did you feel after – I don’t remember exactly what my first WOD was, but I know there were wallballs. I felt the burn.
7. Tell us your secret talent – I can play the violin
8. Who motivates you most – My kids. I want to be around for them and not fall apart when I’m old.
9. If you could remove any movement from CrossFit what would it be – No more wallballs!
10. If you could make up any WOD and name it, what would it be? I like WODs with high number of rounds. My metcon would be 10 rounds of 6 dumbbell snatches, 6 box jumps and 200 metre run. I’d name it just do it.
11. What is your favourite movement or WOD – Clean and jerk and dumbbell snatches
12. What did you do before CrossFit – I ran half marathons and swung Kettlebells
13. How has CrossFit changed your life – Crossfit has helped me to see that I’m stronger then I think.
14. Tell us your favourite quote: I run because punching people is frowned upon
15. Tell us one thing you bring as an athlete to CrossFit Apostle – I bring a good attitude and determination.