This month we have Kim as our Member Spotlight. Kim has worked so hard this year, slowing down and really dialling in her technique and working her weakness. We are so proud of what she has accomplished. Take a moment to see what she has to say!
1. Name: Kim Carter
2. Occupation: Lawyer
3. Length of time doing CrossFit-2014/2015
4.Greatest CrossFit moment-Wodtoberfest: competing, the amazing community and support – A fantastic experience
5. Favourite cheat meal-Nachos
6. What was your first CrossFit WOD and how did you feel after- Can’t remember It was an on-ramp workout- rounds for time. There was WB in the mix. I thought it was never going to end and I was going to die.
7. Tell us your secret talent -I love two-stepping
8. Who motivates you most -Me and my two boys.
9. If you could remove any movement from CrossFit what would it be -No surprise!! Wallballs
10. f you could make up any WOD and name it, what would it be?AMRAP 25 min– Noodles
200 m run
10 bar muscle ups,
200 m run
5 heavy squat cleans 185/135
11. What is your favourite movement or WOD -Push-ups and back squats
12. What did you do before CrossFit -Played soccer, field hockey in high school competed in flatwater sprint kayaking for a number of years
13. -How has CrossFit changed your life -I can’t say enough great things about CrossFit. I have gained more confidence and grown as an individual. I am stronger, healthier and gained knowledge that I am able to use to become the best version of myself. I find I continue to challenge myself and step outside of my comfort zone with the support of a great CrossFit community.
14. Tell us your favourite quote-There are so many great quotes, my favourite is:
With discipline, belief
and the right knowledge,
we become the best we can be
– Georges St. Pierre
15. Tell us your favourite quote-A smile and encouragement